Contactless payment card
Do you have a contactless payment card?
If you plan to use pay as you go, travelling with a contactless payment card is a good alternative. You don't need to top up your card before you travel or worry about running out of credit. Pay as you go fares and daily caps are the same as Oyster.If you travel enough you will also benefit from Monday to Sunday capping, which means that purchasing a weekly ticket is not required.
1. Make your purchase online
2. Activate at a station (Tube, DLR, London Overground or most National Rail stations within the London area) or tram stop when you start your journey.
Information for bus users
You may be interested in Auto top-up, which tops up your card automatically every time your balance falls below £10 . Although this has to be activated by making a journey at a Tube, DLR or Overground station, or Tram stop, once set up, it will work on the bus.
Confirming that you are the card holder
- We will ask you to confirm a security question and answer, or to give us details of the last journey you made with the Oyster card. The journey must have been made within the last 8 weeks (but not today).
- If you have not yet provided us with a security question and answer, and you have not used the Oyster card to travel in the last 8 weeks you will be unable to create an account. Please make a journey using the Oyster card and try again the next day.
- For further assistance, please contact TfL Customer Services on 0343 222 1234 (8am - 8pm).