To help keep your Oyster and Contactless account secure, we are advising all customers to update their password and confirm their account information. This is good practice and will help keep your account secure. After you sign in, go to the "Personal details" page and update your password. We recommend that you don't reuse a password you use elsewhere or include personal information. Please also check your account details are correct. To ensure your account stays secure, never share your password or account details with third-party apps or websites.
Contactless payment card
Do you have a contactless payment card?
If you plan to use pay as you go, travelling with a contactless payment card is a good alternative. You don't need to top up your card before you travel or worry about running out of credit. Pay as you go fares and daily caps are the same as Oyster.If you travel enough you will also benefit from Monday to Sunday capping, which means that purchasing a weekly ticket is not required.
1. Make your purchase online
2. Collect when you start your journey on/at any bus, Tube, DLR, London Overground or TfL Rail station and at most National Rail stations in London, tram stop, Emirates Air Line terminal or River Bus pier.
Confirming that you are the card holder
- We will ask you to confirm a security question and answer, or to give us details of the last journey you made with the Oyster card. The journey must have been made within the last 8 weeks (but not today).
- If you have not yet provided us with a security question and answer, and you have not used the Oyster card to travel in the last 8 weeks you will be unable to create an account. Please make a journey using the Oyster card and try again the next day.
- For further assistance, please contact TfL Customer Services on 0343 222 1234 (8am - 8pm).